Soap for Treatment of Eczema and Psoriasis
Here are some tips to select the right soap for eczema and psoriasis treatment.
- GO FRAGRANCE FREE – It is highly recommended to use an unscented soap as the skin might react to certain fragrances or essential oils.
- OATMEAL for ECZEMA TREATMENT – Many eczema sufferer experience significant improvements from using soap containing oats which has been used for centuries to cure eczema and has shown “significant clinical improvements” in a recent medical study.* If using oatmeal soap for eczema with scabs or very raw skin, we recommend lathering the soap on hands first, then applying to affected areas, as the oats might act as an exfoliator on very raw skin.
- ACTIVATED CHARCOAL FOR PSORIASIS TREATMENT – activated charcoal helps cleanse and detox skin from contaminants without harsh chemicals, thus reducing problems for people with eczema and psoriasis.
Recommended Soap for Eczema and Psoriasis
- Oatmeal Honey Goat Milk Soap (For Eczema & Psoriasis) – for those who prefer goat milk as an added moisturizer and for its anti-itch effect.
- Organic Shea Oatmeal Honey Soap (For Eczema & Psoriasis) – for those who prefer organic ingredients or with goat’s milk sensitivity. Contains shea butter for great moisturising and a touch of rosemary to help treat eczema too!
- Himalayan Salt Soap with Shea Butter (for Eczema and Psoriasis) – for those who prefer an added touch of salts for healing and shea butter for added moisturising effect!
- Organic Activated Charcoal Soap (for Psoriasis) – activated charcoal for natural detox and deep cleansing.
- We do not recommend frequent and excessive use of steroidal creams especially for children. Steroid creams further thin the skin and reduce its immunity, making . It might not be easy to break your reliance on it but we encourage you to Go NATURAL to Heal. With the use of natural emollients and ingredients, it will minimise the irritations and allergenic reactions from harsh chemicals. Of course make sure your skin is not allergic to any of the natural ingredients.
- Our soaps are saponified with all natural plant bases such as sunflower oil, palm oil, soybean oil, olive oil, and coconut oil. These natural ingredients are natural emollients that leave your skin feeling highly moisturised even after frequent use. Many of our satisfied customers do not even need to lotion up after using our soaps. However for eczema, we recommend a moisturiser as it serves as an extra layer of protection on the skin against bacteria.
- Avoid use of products containing parabens and SLS or unreadable chemical names on your skin! (Find out what you need to know about Parabens here) or go to our SOAP GUIDE section to know more about how to SAVE YOUR SKIN.
- Moisturise, moisturise! Moisturise, Protect & Heal with our Organic Body Balm/Lotion Bar (Unscented)Among the 3 balms/lotion bars we have, we recommend the Unscented one for those with Eczema, as eczema and scent of any kind no matter how natural might not go well together with such sensitivity
- For a balm within reach at all times to prevent flare ups, get a travel-sized one at 10g
- For easier and convenient application to the body, a regular-sized balm is available at approx 57g.
- Lastly, avoid scratching (we know it’s hard!) as scratching breaks the skin’s barrier function down and allows more bacteria to gain entry to the sub layers of the skin. Using soap with oats, goat’s milk and tea tree can help soothe itch.
Note: Eczema flares up due to stress and certain kinds of food allergens too and is best dealt with holistically by managing stress levels, food and skincare.
For more info on treating eczema and psoriasis, visit our sections on Eczema and Psoriasis Help & Treatment.
SOAPS For ECZEMA
- Oatmeal is renowned for its skincare powers! It has natural anti-inflammatory, anti-itch and antioxidant properties as well as being an extremely gentle and moisturizing cleanser and exfoliator.We use GLUTEN-FREE OATS!
- Honey is another great natural moisturizer that soothes skin with its anti-septic and anti-inflammatory power.
- Unscented and therefore perfect for babies and infants!
- See customer reviews and buy Oatmeal and Honey Goat Milk Soap.
- Ingredients: Food grade saponified soyabean oil, coconut oil, goat’s milk, organic sustainable (gmo-free) palm oil, gluten-free oats and raw honey
- US National Library of Medicine – National Institutes of Health: Anti-inflammatory activities of colloidal oatmeal (Avena sativa) contribute to the effectiveness of oats in treatment of itch associated with dry, irritated skin.
- The ORGANIC BAR for Eczema is here!
- ORGANIC SHEA OATMEAL HONEY soap is what you would want in a cleanser for those with Eczema, Psoriasis and sensitive skin!
- 30% bigger than the other soap bars at 130g (compared to our usual 100g bars),
- this Organic bar’s main ingredient is Sunflower/Safflower oil which has good non-comedogenic rating i.e. doesn’t clog pores, it is no wonder it will make a great bar for any person who cares about what they put on their skin and body.
- With rosemary extract as a natural fragrance and preservative, it is also known to help treat eczema too.
- Perfect for those who prefer no exfoliating rub
- Excellent for babies and those with ultra-sensitive skin
- 100% All Natural goodness
- Unscented – No fragrances or essential oils
- Contains 25% fresh goat’s milk from the farm
- Honey has great anti-bacterial qualities
- Goat’s Milk is highly moisturising
Ingredients: Food grade saponified soyabean oil, coconut oil, goat’s milk, organic sustainable (gmo-free) palm oil, raw honey
“Good soap. It help to moisture my very dried hands. Had very dry hands since I work in F & B line. Seen skin doctors at Skin Center and applied so many ointments and moisturisi
The ultimate ALL-IN-ONE Soap bar! Afterall, who can resist the wonders of the 84 minerals and trace elements found in Himalayan Salt! If you suffer from acne on certain areas of your face or with body odour or with ECZEMA, you can replace harsher cleansers with this 100% natural Himalayan Salt soap bar. With the moisturising emollients of natural oils and Shea Butter, it makes it a very moisturising soap which leaves your skin supple and soft after a good shower.
- Recommended for those with Seborrheic dermatitis , eczema on scalp.
- Good also for face wash as an Acne control
- Antibacterial body soap for those with active lifestyles
- great absorbent of bad odours, and acts as a disinfectant that helps treat wounds
- excellent as a hand/kitchen soap that removes meat odours and bacteria
- Suitable for ALL skin types, especially helpful for ECZEMA, ACNE, DRY, SENSTIVE SKIN and MATURE SKIN
- Perfect for those allergic to goat milk
- It is unscented and does not contain essential oils, and therefore suitable for babies.
By Brittany on April 11, 2016
By Kristie G. Kelly on April 13, 2016
Oh I love this soap! I usually like fragrance in my soap but with this soap I don’t care. This reason why I love this soap is not for scent but because it makes my skin feel so soft and silky. It has all natural oils in the soap and pure himalayan salt. The soap just glides off my skin with lingering oils but washes right off just leaving my skin soft and clean. I received this product for a discount for my honest review, however I’m buying another bar with the discount card I received in the cute pouch. There’s nothing not to like about this soap. All natural, pure ingredients! Thank you so much! I’m looking forward to doing more business with this company in the near future!
- Aloe soothes irritated skin, promotes wound healing and helps reduce skin inflammation. It also stimulates the growth of new cells.
- Calendula has been known to help decrease inflammation and promote the healing of wounds, burns, eczema and other inflammatory skin conditions. It also relieves itch.