Argan Oil Benefits for Skincare:
With all of these benefits, it is no wonder that Argan Oil is also known as Liquid Gold!
Here are some ways on how you can use Argan oil:
Face: Works great as a moisturiser for dry and also oily skin for over production of sebum control. Regular application will lighten scars and improve skin tone. To reduce fine lines and wrinkles, apply a thin layer, morning and night, after cleansing and patting dry. Rich in Vitamin E, it acts as a natural sunscreen helps protect your skin from harmful UV rays too! Moroccan women have used it for centuries to prevent sun damage and hyper-pigmentation and to maintain a fair complexion. Allow oil to be absorbed before applying make-up.
Skin: Soothes & Reduces Inflammation of Acne, Eczema, Psoriasis & Keratosis Pilaris.
Eyebrow, Eyelash: Apply to stimulate hair growth on eyebrows and eyelashes. Avoid direct contact with eyes.
Hair: Apply to repair dry, damaged hair, to prevent split ends and restore lustre. (More on how to use for Hair Care below)
Scalp: Apply a few drops to scalp for healthy, well-nourished scalp, to prevent dryness and flakiness and treat dandruff. Natural remedy for those with seborrheic dermatitis.
Nails: Apply to nails once a day for strong, healthy, shiny nails to prevent chipping.
How to Use Argan Oil for Hair Care
Argan oil has many great uses for hair and scalp care and treatment. Being naturally high in Vitamin E, medium chain fatty acids, and antioxidants, it can be used to prevent hair loss, promote hair growth and achieve healthy scalp. It can also prevent your hair from breakage from combing and from drying and fizziness, and reduce sebum over-production of oily scalp or address dandruff problems and seborrheic dermatitis on scalp.
- as a hair conditioner – After washing your hair with shampoo bar, towel-dry your hair to make sure your hair is not dripping wet. Skip the conditioner and rub 3-4 drops (or more depending on hair length) of Argan oil as a leave-in conditioner once or twice a week.
- as a styling oil – apply a few drops onto clean, dry hair without massaging it into the scalp. Style it however you like!
- as a hair mask – add 8-10 drops to your palm and apply to hair, adjusting the amount used according to your hair length. Massage your hair and scalp with the Argan Oil for about 10 minutes, ensuring your hair is covered from roots to ends. Wrap your hair in a towel or shower cap and leave it on overnight. Wash your hair in the morning and style as usual.
How to tell Real and pure argan oil from fake argan oil
Real and pure argan oil is:
- Expensive to produce (if you find a cheap one, it is blended and mixed with other oils!)
- No stinging or tingly sensation
- Easy absorbed by skin
- leaves no greasy or sticky residue
- Leaves skin supple and smooth