Natural Treatment for Acne and Acne-prone skin
Inspired by the African Black Soap
Detoxifying and Moisturizing Soap for Acne, Dry & Sensitive and Oily Skin
The Wonders of African Black Soap
For centuries, women of West Africa, particularly in Ghana –made and used native plants like plantain skins, cocoa pods, shea tree bark, or palm tree leaves to make soap to gently cleanse hair and skin. This is commonly what we know today to be African Black Soap.
Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis, Acne Natural Treatment and Acne Control with Cacao, Charcoal and Plantain Soap
If you suffer from Eczema, Rosacea, Psoriasis and Acne especially, you can replace harsh chemical cleansers with our premium Organic African Black Soap. With Activated charcoal, Cacao, Plantain, essential oils of Orange, Bergamot and Tea Tree, they are great for acne control and can help prevent outbreaks. By drawing bacteria, toxins, chemicals, dirt and other micro-particles to the surface of skin, it helps you achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne and disinfect some wounds too!
Plantain promotes quicker wound healing and prevents scarring too.
Great Make-up Remover with this Detoxifying bar
Anti-Aging Soap Bar and Natural Sunscreen
With Plantain and Cacao, this bar is chock-full of anti-oxidants that fights free-radicals which cause premature aging. They also have natural suncreen properties and help block out harmful UV rays on skin. They also contain anti-cancer properties and help prevent skin cancer too.
Using a Soap Bar as Hair Shampoo:
- Our bars contain no SLS, a commonly known chemical for creating lather or foam, so it is recommended when shampooing the hair to pop it into our naturally anti-bacterial Bamboo Charcoal Soap Saver Pouch/bag to produce lather. Place the soap in the soap bag/pouch and with some water and rubbing action, will produce amazing amount of NATURAL lather/foam easy for hair washing. Simply use the foam to apply on your hair/scalp.
- Using this soap bar as a hair shampoo bar is new for most of us. This was done for a long time until liquid shampoo with SLS was produced and marketed by profit making conglomerates, much to the detriment of our skin, scalp and body health!
- (To learn more about the dangers of SLS click here) Did you know that the natural emollients in the soap bar are also great for your hair?
- Most would feel a slight waxy feel on the hair because of the natural emollients. Depending on your hair health, usually the waxy feeling goes away when the hair is dry. Some would also prefer to use a conditioner after it for a smooth feeling. But it is all up to the individual. Usually with a hair brush while your hair is wet, the natural emollients are spread across the hair follicles and help give you strong healthy hair!
- Some might go through a “transition period” of 1-6 weeks depending on how long your hair and scalp has been exposed to SLS products (SLS is a degreaser chemical and harsh allergen which helps liquid soaps, shampoos produce lather). Afterall, your hair scalp is trying to find its balance, after all the exposure to chemicals that strips your hair down. Press on!
- These soaps strengthen hair roots and give you a healthy scalp preventing hair fall.
- For some, they might experience sticky feeling on hair after wash. Generally some acid rinse is needed.
A Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse Recipe
- Do not apply concentrated ACV onto hair. ALWAYS DILUTE.
- Mix 1/2 to 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with 8 oz/250ml of water in a plastic squeeze bottle, spray bottle or other containers. Be careful not to spray into eyes.
- Try different amounts to find a dilution that works best for your hair type (dry hair likes less ACV and oily hair likes more).