Excellent Moisturising Shampoo Bar
If you suffer from dandruff or itchy scalp, you could be experiencing clogged pores on your scalp. This bar is a natural scalp treatment bar without the costs of hundreds of dollars at the hair salon!
Wonders of Rosemary and Peppermint Essential Oil
- For Hair: it is a natural hair and scalp treatment as it clarifies the pores on your scalp. Use it for a healthy scalp and to prevent clogging of pores and thus prevent hairfall too.
Using a Soap Bar as Hair Shampoo:
- Our bars contain no SLS, a commonly known chemical for creating lather or foam, so it is recommended when shampooing the hair to pop it into our naturally anti-bacterial Bamboo Charcoal Soap Saver Pouch/bag to produce lather. Place the soap in the soap bag/pouch and with some water and rubbing action, will produce amazing amount of NATURAL lather/foam easy for hair washing. Simply use the foam to apply on your hair/scalp.
- Using this soap bar as a hair shampoo bar is new for most of us. This was done for a long time until liquid shampoo with SLS was produced and marketed by profit making conglomerates, much to the detriment of our skin, scalp and body health!
- (To learn more about the dangers of SLS click here) Did you know that the natural emollients in the soap bar are also great for your hair?
- Most would feel a slight waxy feel on the hair because of the natural emollients. Depending on your hair health, usually the waxy feeling goes away when the hair is dry. Some would also prefer to use a conditioner after it for a smooth feeling. But it is all up to the individual. Usually with a hair brush while your hair is wet, the natural emollients are spread across the hair follicles and help give you strong healthy hair!
- Some might go through a “transition period” of 1-6 weeks depending on how long your hair and scalp has been exposed to SLS products (SLS is a degreaser chemical and harsh allergen which helps liquid soaps, shampoos produce lather). Afterall, your hair scalp is trying to find its balance, after all the exposure to chemicals that strips your hair down. Press on!
- These soaps strengthen hair roots and give you a healthy scalp preventing hair fall.
- For some, they might experience sticky feeling on hair after wash. Generally some acid rinse is needed.
A Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse Recipe
- Do not apply concentrated ACV onto hair. ALWAYS DILUTE.
- Mix 1/2 to 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV) with 8 oz/250ml of water in a plastic squeeze bottle, spray bottle or other containers. Be careful not to spray into eyes.
- Try different amounts to find a dilution that works best for your hair type (dry hair likes less ACV and oily hair likes more).
About Organic and Natural Skincare
Don’t be fooled!
Most products use organic or natural in their names as marketing gimmicks. Take a look at their ingredients list and you’ll see that they have only 1 or 2 natural extracts near the end of a long list of chemicals. They can add just 1 drop of olive oil into a 1 litre bottle and call it “Natural Olive Oil Shampoo”.
At The Soap Haven, when something is called “all natural”, it means it is made of ALL natural ingredients. When anything bears the label “organic”, it means the product is made of at least 85% organic ingredients. Why not 100%? Because it is impossible to make soap without sodium hydroxide which is 10-15% of the initial ingredient weight. However by the time the oils are saponified, there is no more sodium hydroxide left in the soap.
No GMOs, No Haze!
These Handmade Soaps contain NO genetically modified oils (GMO). Buy with confidence that you are not supporting the “engineered food industry”. Simply Google: “Genetically Modified Foods” and see for yourself if you feel comfortable supporting the GMO industry.
When you say YES to Non-GMO, Organic Palm Oil in our soaps, you are saying NO to the HAZE!
Our organic and plant-based olive oil soap uses organic, sustainable palm that does not cause deforestation in tropical regions. Palm oil is necessary to make a harder, stable bar of soap that is preferred by most people. Over the past years, “bio-diesel” (and the need for edible non-hydrogenated oils) has created a huge demand for palm oil. Palm oil is only harvested significantly in tropical rainforest regions like in Indonesia and thus the problem. Demand for palm oil has led to more deforestation using burn and slash methods by farmers who want to make a quick buck. The results are catastrophic – destruction of natural habitats and tremendous pollution with HAZE in our air!!!
Organic, non-GMO palm oil however is renewable and sustainable. While using sustainable palm oil is more costly, it helps fight against the “palm thirsty” industry which causes more deforestation and pollutes the land and our air!
This soap is 100% natural and contains no parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS/SLES), unnatural preservatives, or petrol-chemical ingredients.